Does the front of your home look appealing? Use these tips to help spruce up the appearance of your home while increasing your home's value:
* Maintain your landscaping. Mow and water the lawn regularly to keep it green. Trim trees and prune shrubs.
* Give your weatherworn front door a fresh coat of paint or replace it with a new one. Adding new hardware such as a door knocker, numbers, and a latch can give your entrance an updated look.
* Make your entry inviting at night by installing a decorative light fixture outside your front door. Use low-voltage lighting to illuminate walkways, trees and shrubs. Create focal points by spotlighting key landscaping elements.
* Inspect doors, windows, and fences for peeling paint. Revive the exterior with a fresh coat of paint if need be. Choose colors that harmonize with your home's surroundings.
* Improve the look of your windows with new wood shutters or paint the existing ones. Fill window boxes with seasonal flower plants to add color and charm to your windows.
* To create a welcoming ambiance, plant colorful flowerbeds or add contrasting foliage colors alongside your entryway.