November 1, 2016
Water damage to your home can lead to big expenses and disrupt your life. Use these tips to help you protect your home:
* Once or twice a year, inspect water lines and plumbing valves for loose connections, corrosion, buckling, or cracks. Check for leaks around the bas...
October 15, 2016
Have a couple cracks and creaks around your home? Here are a few quick weekend home repair projects you can do yourself:
*To silence a squeaky floor, sprinkle the loose boards with baby powder and sweep it into the cracks
* If a faucet leaks, replace the washer. Use so...
October 1, 2016
Fall is a good time to prepare your lawn and garden for the coming winter months. Here are some tips to help maintain your yard:
* Begin with thorough clean-up of the garden and flowerbeds. Remove all weeds, leaves and debris. It benefits the soil and gives it an earl...
September 15, 2016
If you want more kitchen countertop space without a major renovation, consider these tips to expand your current area:
* Take stock of what you really need in your kitchen, and remove any cluttering knick-knacks, old mail or useless appliances.
* Make use of the area b...
September 1, 2016
Courtesy of BTW Photos in Alexandria, VA
To ensure that your photo shoot runs as efficiently as possible and for your photos to come out their very best, we’ve listed the following below to help you prepare.
◼ Close the windows
◼ Park on the street or in an enclosed garage
◼ Rake leave...
August 15, 2016
* A professional home energy audit is a way for homeowners to effectively measure their annual energy usage and expenditures in their homes. Investing in a home energy audit can lead to big savings through greater efficiency.
* An audit can pinpoint sources of...
August 1, 2016
Here are some helpful ideas that can save you money on your home's energy bill and also the gas pump:
* Replace old air conditioners with a high-efficiency unit to save up to 40% in energy costs. Install the unit in a shaded area to save even more. For central...
July 15, 2016
Paint is one of the easiest ways to revitalize a room. Here are tips to help you find the right shades and bring great colors into your home:
* Select a color scheme by looking at your room's furniture, window treatments and floors. When unsure, buy a sample quart of y...
July 1, 2016
Is your backyard safe? Use these tips to remove backyard safety hazards to ensure that your family will have a safe and enjoyable time:
* Keep playground equipment in good repair. Add a 1 ft. deep layer of sand or wood chips extending 6 ft. in all directions from any...
June 15, 2016
Dog bites are by far the most common liability claim on homeowners' insurance policies.
If you have dogs, use these tips to avid having a claim brought against you:
* According to the Center for Disease Control, there are approximately four million dog bites per year wi...
Older Posts >
Where Are We
Phone: 0800 434 000